When considering challenge ideas for the year, I didn't want to go the obvious direction where January was concerned. I didn't want to do goals or resolutions. Instead I decided to go the other way and reflect on what was good about 2015.
This ended up being a fun but challenging project for me. It was fun looking back through the year and selecting what were my favorite moments. It was hard - specifically when choosing photos to represent my two trips - narrowing the photos down to only a few. There were so many great memories to choose from. I also tend to avoid using photos of myself and I couldn't do that here. This is something I want to work harder at in 2016.
This year I went with the following from left to right then top to bottom as my best moments.
- My trip to Las Vegas with Gina in May.
- My trip to Disney with Gina in July.
- The spinning retreat I attended in Destin in January. (I go again in just 2 weeks!)
- The birth of my niece, Selah in July.
- My other new niece, Kaydence, turning one also in July.
- Having the entire family together at the church where we all grew up in October.
I used a collection of various digital products. I just knew when I started I wanted the background to be black and white. I've lowered the opacity to make it less harsh. I meant to use a bunch of different kinds of frames but using the multiple images from my trips sent me looking for photo strips and I ended up using 3.
So challenge #1 for January is done for me. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do for my cut challenge but I need to get on it.
Until next time!