Shellie: Boots 12 x 12 Layout
I've always wanted a pair of rain boots and I've never had any. I see them in their cute little designs and I want them... then I look at the price and my cheap cheap heart goes... no way!
So I haven't made it home with rain boots of my own to date.
But this little girl has had 3 pair that I know of in her young life. And they're so. freaking. cute. I mean seriously, one pair was pink and flashed crazy lights when you walked. But I think these yellow ones are my favorites so far.
When I cut out this umbrella cut file I remembered the pictures I took of these super cute rain boots and decided I wanted to try and find a way to use them in this layout. She never stands still so the pictures were all over the place and there were so many. I had narrowed it down to five but eventually (after much back and forth and back and forth...) settled on these three.
I pulled out my beloved box o' Felicity Jane papers and embellishments and went to town. Not all of these embellishments are from my FJ kits but most are. I keep all of the kits in a single box together because one of my favorite thing about them is they pretty much ALL MATCH. And they're all "my colors" so that's super handy.
- The doily, puffy alphas, sequins and all of the papers backing the umbrellas are from FJ.
- My background paper is from the FJ Note to Self Kit and that yellow strip of hearts at the bottom is actually the back of the branding strip. It matched so perfectly I couldn't bring myself to cut it off.
- The journaling circle is from Ali Edwards - WITL 2015 I think.
- The flair came from Joann in a set. (I love flair. It never gets old to me.)
- The quote came from a 12 x 12 paper by Echo Park Paper called Border Strips from the Splendid Sunshine line by Alisha Gordon.
I did film the making of this layout and hopefully I can figure out the editing portion of the video scenario soon and can post them online.
I used the newest cut file in our shop, a grouping of umbrellas. If you like it, please head on over to the shop (link at the top) and grab it.
Talk to you soon!